Sunday, July 12, 2009

Lunch with the homeless

By Pastor Nick

Right now we are at Golden Gate Park sharing a lunch with the homeless at Hippie Hill. (If you're reading this pray for God to open doors during the lunch conversations).

We are here after listening to a sermon called "The God Centered Life" during team time and then attending Delores Park Church's worship service where a key leader of the International Justice Mission spoke about what we can do so those oppressed by injustices around the world can be rescued and see that God is good. It was hard to stomach a video he showed of female prostitutes being pulled from a hole in the ground where they were held against their will...must have been dozens. I sat a row behind our team and just kept thinking the girls being rescued are the same age as the young ladies sitting in front of me...when you make it that personal it can't help but grip you.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

2 comments:

  1. Praise God you all arrived safely.It sounds like you have been very busy already. My heart grieves to hear the stories of girls my daughters age being prostituted.I am praying for all of you and that GOD uses you all in a mighty way to show the people you come into contact with the hope of Jesus.Nate have a cheeseburger! Brunden I need to know if you are going to K.I. with us????

    Rob Miller

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the blog...praying for you all..(Joel, Owen and I miss you! xo mom).

    Sherri Morgan

    ReplyDelete